The Fifa president, Sepp Blatter, has claimed punishing fans' racist behaviour by closing stadiums is "extremely dubious" and "unduly excessive". Blatter said sporting sanctions such as points deductions that "cause real hurt to" clubs are a better punishment than closing part or all of a stadium for matches.
Luke Shaw's future should be decided before the World Cup with theSouthampton left-back interesting Manchester United, Manchester City, and Chelsea plus a host of elite clubs on the continent including Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Barcelona.
- Sturridge still injury doubt ahead of Norwich
- City lose ground as Sunderland earn draw
- Bale the Real hero in Madrid cup win
- Aluko considers Hull departure
- Akinbiyi ready for coaching challenge
- Igesund set to learn inquiry findings
- Deschamps will pick squad with 2016 in mind
- I'm not scared of anyone says Keshi
- Amuneke denies involvement in player sales
- Appou breaks Milla record as oldest player